Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After moving to the neowiki, things of course got much MUCH better overall. But I have to admit, the paleowiki had one feature that I miss: Messages of Interest. For those of you unfamiliar with them, they were automated messages left on user talk pages, which you could use to notify someone of a discussion on another page. What does everyone think of implementing something like that here? --DanielDraco 21:04, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
- It would be a nice feature to have, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that. The old system was a pretty ugly hack involving bots; a new system should be a proper extension that doesn't do anything to talk pages. Surgo 21:07, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
- It wasn't that ugly a hack, and it's better than nothing. It's at least worth implementing until someone can devise something better. --DanielDraco 00:48, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Can we not call them Messages of Interest? Can we call 'em like, memos or notices or something? --Ganteka Future 03:33, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
- I second (third?) the motion to call them memos, if they are implemented. It sounds much more personal and, as Rith pointed out, has a cleaner feel to it ("message of interest" seriously sounds like something I'd expect from a company email). -- Dracomortis 23:00, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Am I allowed to vote? If so I fourth the motion to call them memos.--ThirdEmperor 08:29, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Bump. Any techies have any ideas on how to go about this? --DanielDraco 15:40, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I hate those things. --22:20, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Duly noted. Nobody send any memos to TK. --DanielDraco 21:26, January 6, 2010 (UTC)