Rules to remove racial limitations?
Would it be balanced, in a Gestalt game, to give up one side of the progression in exchange for unrestricted access to feats/classes/ACFs which normally have race requirements? --Be well 23:08, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- IN a gestalt game, I wouldn't even make you drop the progression. Also there are several classes that let you be considered other races. make a home brew feat, maybe 1st level only, that lets you qualify for access to racial stuff. or you could make it be a changeling or mongrel folk racial feat. but dropping a whole gestalted class is way alot IMHO --NameViolation 03:00, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- but Be's point is for UNRESTRICTED access to stuff. i interpret that as being able to be a elf with levels in half-orc paragon and dwarven defender and maybe a warforged feat or 2. Thats just... ridiculous? awesome? weird? I'm not even sure--NameViolation 03:34, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- NameViolation is right, I am wondering about completely ignoring any and all racial reqs for this gestalt character. The feat you made is a step in that direction, but not the free check I was seeking.
- What about adding on to that feat, with more feats that don't have the level 1 restriction. Perhaps a progression of feats? Qualify for 1 race as the Mixed Blood feat, then 5 with Mixed Blood 2 (MB2), then unlimited with MB3?
- Alternatively, what about a simple LA? Would LA +1 be a way to balance this? (for a non-gestalt character) --Be well 06:08, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- If an LA +1 seems appropriate for a non-gestalt, I am thinking an LA +1 that has to be taken simultaneously on both sides of the gestalt (effectively a dead level regardless of gestalt or not). Thoughts? --Be well 07:47, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Allowing 2 Prestige Classes at once?
Do any of you think that allowing gestalts to take two prestige classes at a level instead of limiting them to only one will unbalance the game? I have had experience with this and it makes the characters crazy capable, a good example is a sorcerer 5/fighter 5 then taking levels of green star adept and dragon disciple, and I was ok with the crazy high power he had after the STR bonuses kicked in. What's your opinion? I really want to hear from the more experienced DM's and players. --Johnnya4344 21:45, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Gestalt is already so potentially unbalanced that I don't think that's going to break it much farther. --Ghostwheel 21:49, April 16, 2010 (UTC)