Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rules to remove racial limitations? Edit
Would it be balanced, in a Gestalt game, to give up one side of the progression in exchange for unrestricted access to feats/classes/ACFs which normally have race requirements? --Be well 23:08, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- IN a gestalt game, I wouldn't even make you drop the progression. Also there are several classes that let you be considered other races. make a home brew feat, maybe 1st level only, that lets you qualify for access to racial stuff. or you could make it be a changeling or mongrel folk racial feat. but dropping a whole gestalted class is way alot IMHO --NameViolation 03:00, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- but Be's point is for UNRESTRICTED access to stuff. i interpret that as being able to be a elf with levels in half-orc paragon and dwarven defender and maybe a warforged feat or 2. Thats just... ridiculous? awesome? weird? I'm not even sure--NameViolation 03:34, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- NameViolation is right, I am wondering about completely ignoring any and all racial reqs for this gestalt character. The feat you made is a step in that direction, but not the free check I was seeking.
- What about adding on to that feat, with more feats that don't have the level 1 restriction. Perhaps a progression of feats? Qualify for 1 race as the Mixed Blood feat, then 5 with Mixed Blood 2 (MB2), then unlimited with MB3?
- Alternatively, what about a simple LA? Would LA +1 be a way to balance this? (for a non-gestalt character) --Be well 06:08, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- If an LA +1 seems appropriate for a non-gestalt, I am thinking an LA +1 that has to be taken simultaneously on both sides of the gestalt (effectively a dead level regardless of gestalt or not). Thoughts? --Be well 07:47, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Allowing 2 Prestige Classes at once? Edit
Do any of you think that allowing gestalts to take two prestige classes at a level instead of limiting them to only one will unbalance the game? I have had experience with this and it makes the characters crazy capable, a good example is a sorcerer 5/fighter 5 then taking levels of green star adept and dragon disciple, and I was ok with the crazy high power he had after the STR bonuses kicked in. What's your opinion? I really want to hear from the more experienced DM's and players. --Johnnya4344 21:45, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Gestalt is already so potentially unbalanced that I don't think that's going to break it much farther. --Ghostwheel 21:49, April 16, 2010 (UTC)