Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ygorl is the Slaad Lord of Entropy. He is the second oldest slaad lord, after Ssendam, and is considered the de-facto ruler of the Outer Plane of Limbo. He is said to have created the Spawning Stone that is the focus of the slaad race, forcing them to take froglike forms rather than their original, purely chaotic shapes.
Ygorl appears as a blackened, bat-winged, skeletal hulk, wielding a large scythe. He rides a great wyrm brass dragon named Shkiv. As one of the exemplars of the chaotic neutral alignment, Ygorl is not truly evil, but still very dangerous, unpredictable, and self-serving. He believes in bringing death, decay, and disorganization to the multiverse, and thinks this is best done by the slaadi, the truest agents of Chaos.
Ygorl considers the slaadi to be his living pawns. They do not serve him in any organized fashion, but most will obey his orders rather than allow him to devour them. Besides Shkiv, Ygorl is allied with Sorel, his lieutenant, who he is grooming to become the Lord of Anarchy.
The "entropic reapers" from Libris Mortis are said to arise in Limbo to "enforce the twisted edicts of chaotic beings that decree the death of lawful creatures." They are not explicitly connected to Ygorl, but they are connected to the force of entropy and the plane of Limbo.
Ygorl's fortress in Limbo constantly changes appearance; it can be a rough cavern, a shattered marbled temple, or (as the 1st edition Manual of the Planes describes it) a series of interlaced carved spheres that whirl through Limbo's layers.
Appearance in other mediaEdit
- Ygorl appeared as the final boss in the video game Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone where he was voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan. In the game, Ygorl was depicted as humanoid in appearance but was covered in tough chitinous armor and had many claw-like mandibles extending from the back of his head.
- ↑ Don Turnbull (1981). Fiend Folio, p. 82-3. TSR, Inc.
- ↑ YGORL- Slaad Lord of Entropy
- ↑ Ygorl
- ↑ Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone Gets Hollywood Talent, IGN.com, May 24, 2004. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- ↑ Ryan Davis, "Review of Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone," GameSpot (Dec 13, 2004).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|