Norebo is depicted as a human male of average height, features, and build. He can assume the forms of animals, and often does so when wishing to remain hidden. Norebo is known for his love of dice games, and his willingness to bet on nearly anything.
Norebo has been paired with nearly all of the Suel goddesses, but for the past thousand years he has been the lover of Wee Jas. Norebo harbors a strong dislike for Ralishaz, who he feels gives gambling and risk-taking a bad name. Norebo is allied with Rudd.
Norebo is one of the most popular Suel gods, perhaps second only to Kord. His symbol is a pair of eight-sided dice.
Priests of Norebo often work part-time as dealers and the like in their churches. Their favored weapon is the dagger. They are known to make wagers on nearly anything, and enjoy taunting the followers of such rigid deities as Pholtus, Saint Cuthbert, and Allitur.
Temples and ritualsEdit
Temples to Norebo, often called "Churches of the Big Gamble," are found throughout the Barbarian States, as well as in large cities throughout the Flanaess. A church to Norebo was once located on Lendore Isle near Restenford, but its status is uncertain since most humans were expelled from the island a few years ago.
Donations to the churches are most often in the form of lost bets, as the churches usually double as gambling houses. Those wishing to ward off thieves and assassins will often donate to the local Church of the Big Gamble.
- Brown, Anne. Player's Guide (TSR, 1998).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Fred Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Lakofka, Lenard. "Gods of the Suel Pantheon." Dragon #86 (TSR, 1984).
- Lakofka, Lenard. The Secret of Bone Hill (TSR, 1981).
- Moore, Roger E. The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Niles, Douglas, and Carl Sargent. The City of Greyhawk (TSR, 1989).
- Reynolds, Sean K. The Scarlet Brotherhood (TSR, 1999).
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes (TSR, 1992).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|