In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, linnorms are ancient, primeval cousins of dragons. Linnorms lack wings and hind legs, making them more serpentine than true dragons. All known linnorms are evil and cruel.
Linnorms are sometimes referred to as "Norse dragons".
- Corpse Tearer Linnorm - The most powerful linnorm, possesses energy drain, spells and acid breath.
- Dread Linnorm - Two-headed linnorm, the largest of its kind. It should be noted, though, that they are very intelligent & know much wise lore.
- Flame Linnorm
- Forest Linnorm
- Frost Linnorm
- Gray Linnorm - The smallest, meanest, and most aggressive of its kind.
- Land Linnorm
- Midgard Linnorm
- Rain Linnorm
- Sea Linnorm
- Swamp Linnorm - Amphibious linnorm, with acid breath, disease, and gaze of madness.
- Bonny, Ed, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter. Monster Manual II (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Rabe, Jean. "The Vikings' Dragons Part 1." Dragon #182 (TSR, 1992).
- Rabe, Jean. "The Vikings' Dragons Part 2." Dragon #183 (TSR, 1992).
- Far Corners of the World: Monsters of the Wetland - provides the swamp linnorm monster entry.