In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting and the default pantheon of deities for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, Erythnul is the Oeridian god of hate, envy, malice, panic, ugliness, and slaughter. He is known as the Many, and is worshipped by many gnoll, troll, ogre, and bugbear tribes, in addition to humans. Erythnul delights in panic and slaughter.
In civilized lands, Erythnul's followers (including evil fighters, barbarians, and rogues) form small, criminal cults. In savage lands, evil barbarians, gnolls, bugbears, ogres, and trolls commonly worship him.
- Gygax, Gary. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (TSR, 1983).
- Gygax, Gary. "The Deities and Demigods of the World of Greyhawk." Dragon #71 (TSR, 1983).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Noonan, David. Complete Divine (Wizards of the Coast, 2004).
- Redman, Rich, Skip Williams, and James Wyatt. Deities and Demigods (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes (TSR, 1992).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|