In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting and in the default pantheon of deities, Ehlonna is the goddess of Forests, Woodlands, Flora, Fauna, and Fertility. Ehlonna is known to the elves as "Ehlenestra".
Ehlonna is variously depicted as an elven or human woman, and often associates with unicorns and other sylvan creatures. When in human form, Ehlonna appears as a dark-haired human woman, but as Ehlenestra, she appears as a golden-haired elven maiden. She is served by a planetar named Novalee.
Ehlonna has an intense rivalry with Obad-Hai. Where the neutral good Ehlonna advocates the beauty and goodness of unspoiled nature, the true neutral Obad-Hai sees nature as brutal and uncompromising. She is friendly with the Seldarine and most good-aligned deities.
Ehlonna teaches that the animals and plants of the forests are gifts, and are not to be stolen. She is often the goddess of rangers and druids and opposes hunters and those who would rape the land for fun or profit.
Clergy and templesEdit
For clerics of Ehlonna/Ehlenestra, her domains include Animal, Celerity, Good, Plant, Purification, and Sun. Her holy symbol is a rampant unicorn, and her favored weapons are the longbow and the longsword.
- Gary Gygax. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (TSR, 1983).
- Gary Gygax. "The Deities and Demigods of the World of Greyhawk." Dragon #68 (TSR, 1982).
- Gary Holian, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- David Noonan. Complete Divine (Wizards of the Coast, 2004).
- Rich Redman, Skip Williams, James Wyatt. Deities and Demigods (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Carl Sargent. From the Ashes (TSR, 1992).
- James M. Ward. Greyhawk Adventures (TSR, 1988).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|