Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I understand that this is a carry over category, but WTF is it supposed to be doing? Is it a root category for User:'My Name' subcats, so each author has a category page with their stuff as members? Is it supposed to be like the 3.5e and 4e categories and contain everything, except edition independent and only separate from them in that it excludes SRD material?
I could see the former being useful going forward, as an easy way to find everything written by somebody, but the latter strikes me as redundant with the 3.5e and 4e categories, and less useful for searching. It's not set up as an author category repository though. Am I missing something? - TarkisFlux 01:16, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- I think it was originally intended to separate homebrew material from the SRD, although since homebrew became the primary content of paleowiki (and always has been with this wiki) you may be right regarding its redundancy. Then again, I would never claim to be particularly enlightened regarding the inner workings of either wiki. -- Jota 01:24, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- It's meant to filter out SRD/UA/other content from Homebrew content. Surgo 01:25, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- So is the plan to further bludgeon semantic drilldown into separating the WotC stuff from our stuff (example: only showing user and 3.5e members in a subcat like class)? Or should this be repurposed? - TarkisFlux 02:10, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Let's see if I can do anything elegant with Semantic Drilldown first. I don't think bludgeoning is required here, just a few features it doesn't have already. Surgo 02:13, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Elegant it is then. As an backup plan, we can just insert this in-between the class et all cats and the edition root cats, and do the same thing with the SRD cat. It leads to extra stuff to click through to get to material, but it maintains the our stuff, official stuff seperation. - TarkisFlux 02:34, September 26, 2009 (UTC)