Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please use this page to discuss pages that have been labelled for deletion.
Uses Variant Edit
I believe whoever marked this one for deletions has a prejudice against 4th edition rather than a serious contemplation of game balance.
If you'll note random encounters in the 3.5 Dungeon Master's guide there is a certain amount that occur in any given day before it is too overwhelming for characters.
Converting per days into per encounters would function well given the same uses in 4th edition. If anyone is familiar with 4th edition they will be able to make the comparisons clear.
Admittedly this is not one of my greatest suggestions and it's open to critiquing and I wouldn't really care if it was deleted or not but deleting it for reasons that no "one should not try to do anything the 4e way" seems a bit prejudiced rather than justified. Fourth edition has a lot of things which could prove useful in 3rd edition or simply work on their own as individual parts of the d20 system.
- While I do, in fact, have a prejudice against 4th edition, I generally don't let it cloud my judgment. You'll note that that specific page about turning per day into per encounter does really bad things for the game as I pointed out in the delete message on top of the page. Surgo 14:49, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay sure. I guess I can see that if you run a game that has a particularly large or small amount of encounters beyond a standard D&D game, but only in that case would it cause problems.
- With the change you made, I thought it became significantly better and did not reapply the delete template (though I dislike how it's applied for spells at all, I'll get into that later) and also formatted it as a variant rule.
- Thanks, that is something I'm having trouble with. I have a head full of ideas but I'm still in the process of learning how to navigate here. If something is misclassified, please fix the category or tell me how to fix it so I don't repeat the mistake in the future. Thanks.
Monk Variant (Martial Artist) Edit
Misunderstanding of the page. It was not an improvement on the monk but a modification of the fighter class to appear monk-like. Page needs to be renamed to Fighter Variant (Martial Artist). I don't know how to do that.
- Put these messages on a class's talk page instead, please. (An understandable mistake, given what the template says, that will need to be fixed.) Surgo 14:55, September 9, 2009 (UTC)