|Status:||Up for any help and constructive criticism!|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Ball and Chain
Exotic Two-Handed Melee
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
A Ball and Chain is a 10 ft. long chain connected to a heavy round weight. The Ball and Chain has reach, so you can strike opponents 10 feet away with it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe.
The wielder of a Ball and Chain who also has the Power Attack feat and a base attack bonus of 6 may make a special attack action (A building of momentum strike as the Ball and Chain whirls around the wielders head gathering force.):
- As a full round action, the wielder may make a power attack of at least a -5 penalty (He still gets the benefits of Power Attack.) to add an additional 1d8 points of bludgeoning damage for a medium Ball and Chain (1d12 for a large Ball and Chain and so on...), and an expanded critical of 20/x4. The additional bludgeoning damage is multiplied on a critical hit. If the wielder misses the attack he must make a Fortitude save (DC 14) or fall prone due to a loss of balance.