Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Summary::A playable dragon race without all that pesky LA and stuff that makes it unusable. Adventure Dragons, unlike other dragons, grow more quickly when exposed to experience.
Apart from a desire for riches and a literal thirst for adventure, Adventure Dragons are a varied bunch.
Adventure Dragons look like dragons, with large, vaguely crescent-shaped stripes along their backs. Their base scale color and the color of the stripes are both indicative of their properties. Good dragons are shiny, Evil dragons aren't, and Neutral dragons are only shiny on either their stripes or other scales, but not both.
Adventure Dragons tend to wander off alone, gathering allies from other races in their quest for adventure.
Adventure Dragons come in any alignment, as can be evidenced by the chromatic or metallic nature of their scales.
Wherever one can find meat, treasure, and enemies, the Adventure Dragons dare to go.
Adventure Dragons usually worship Draconic deities.
Adventure Dragons speak Common and Draconic.
Adventure Dragons have suitably draconic names, frequently possessing an x or "aug".
- No ability adjustments: Apart from the massive boosts to Strength and minor boosts to Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma, and Intelligence that Adventure Dragons get as they grow, they have no ability score adjustments.
- Type::Dragon: Adventure Dragons are Dragons.
- Size::Small: Adventure Dragons start out small, with a +1 size bonus to attack and AC, a +4 bonus to Hide checks, and a -4 penalty to Grappling stuff.
- Adventure Dragon base land speed is 20 feet: They can't fly yet.
- Hungry (Ex): Adventure Dragons need to eat three times as much as a normal creature of their size. Effects that reduce how much they have to eat can't reduce their need for food below that of a normal creature of their size.
- Natural Growth (Ex): Adventure Dragons gain 1 point of experience per day if properly fed. Any time they level up, if more than half of their experience points for this level were from Natural Growth, they must level up in Adventure Dragon.
- Draconic: An Adventure Dragon can never have fewer than half of his levels rounded up in Adventure Dragon.
- Color: A pair of colors, chosen at character creation, determines additional abilities of the Adventure Dragon.
|Color||Breath Weapon (Su) (recharges every 1d4+1 rounds)|
|Orange/Dark Gold||Fire 1d8 damage/HD in a cone 15'+5'/2 HD long|
|Light Grey/Platinum||Electricity 1d8 damage/HD in a line 30'+5'/HD long|
|Brown/Tarnished Copper||Acid 1d6 damage/HD in a line 30'+5'/HD long|
|Faded Yellow/Niobium||Electricity 1d8 damage/HD in a line 30'+5'/HD long|
|Dark Gray/Barium||Untyped 1d6 damage/HD in a cone 15'+5'/2 HD long|
|Light Blue/Osmium||Bludgeoning 1d6 damage/HD in a line 30'+5'/HD long|
|Rusty Red/Iron||1d8 damage/HD against objects, ignoring hardness in a cone 15'+5'/2 HD long|
|Teal/Fool's Gold||1d4 Wisdom damage +1/5 HD, Fortitude save negates instead of Reflex save for half in a cone 15'+5'/2 HD long|
|Pink/Rose Gold||1d10 nonlethal damage/HD in a line 30'+10'/2 HD long|
|Orange/Dark Gold||SRD:Alternate Form into a Medium or Small Humanoid with equal or less Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution a number of times per day equal to Charisma modifier.|
|Light Grey/Platinum||Eat platinum pieces to regain health. Takes 1 minute, and heals 5 HP per platinum piece.|
|Brown/Tarnished Copper||Retain DEX bonus to AC while climbing, +20 to Climb checks.|
|Faded Yellow/Niobium||Immune to Electricity. +2 to Tumble, Escape Artist, and Balance checks.|
|Dark Gray/Barium||Don't need to breathe, immune to gas-borne effects. +2 to Hide and Move Silently checks.|
|Light Blue/Osmium||Gain Damage Reduction 1/- per five Hit Dice, minimum 1.|
|Rusty Red/Iron||Gain Spell Resistance equal to 5 + Hit Dice.|
|Teal/Fool's Gold||+8 to Bluff and Disguise checks, appear to change colors and alignments at-will as a standard action.|
|Pink/Rose Gold||Immune to Fire, and to negative effects of high temperatures. +2 to Diplomacy checks.|
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic.
- Bonus Languages: Elven, Goblin, Giant, Dwarven, Ignan, Terran, Aquan, Auran.
- Favored Class: Adventure Dragon class and Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +Level Adjustment::0
- Effective Character Level: Effective Character Level::1
|1d8 × 1d8 years||+1d4||+1d6||+1d8|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 3"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||2' 3"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|